Last Revised: October 18, 2017
blackjackcanada.ca (“We” or “Us“) is firmly committed to ensure that any personal information our users (“User” or “You”) share with Us is safeguarded and protected.
- What information we collect?
- How we may collect your information?
- How we use the information we collect?
- With whom we share the information, and for what purpose?
- The Data Protection Officer
- For how long we retain the information we collect?
- Direct Marketing
- Children’s information
- How do we safeguard your information?
- How to contact us
What Information we collect?
- You may be asked to provide personal information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information”) in connection with any promotions We may offer from time to time (“Promotion”). This Personal Information may include: Your name, email address and phone number; we may use such information for the purpose of conducting the Promotion, and for providing you with promotional material.
- We collect certain information pertaining to a user, which may be made available or gathered via the user’s use of this Website (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the user from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected consists of technical information transmitted by Your device and aggregated usage information, and contains certain software and hardware information about Your device, the referring page that linked You to the Website, including the type of browser and operating system Your device uses, operator, language preference, access time, and the domain name of the website from which You linked or registered to the Website.
How we may collect your information?
- We collect Personal Information submitted directly by You, or non-Personal Information transmitted automatically from Your device using various standard technologies, such as cookies, digital identifiers, log files, web beacons or other similar technologies.
- This Website may automatically send cookies to Your system. We may store information which correlates with those cookies, for the purposes stipulated below.
- You may block and remove our cookies through Your browser and operating system, but this may impair and hinder the Site’s functionality and availability.
- We may use logs and cookie information to improve quality and design of the Site, including without limitation, saving You the trouble of re-entering data, and quarries, personalize and customize Your experience on the Site, track Your use of the Site and generate statistics regarding the Site.
What is a “cookie”?
- When You use our Service we may assign Your device with a log file or a cookie (session or persistent). A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assigns to Your computer’s hard drive while You are viewing a web site. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing You to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering Your preferences and making the interaction between You and the Service quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help ensure that the advertisements You see are relevant to You and Your interests. You can find more information about cookies at allaboutcookies.org. You may remove our cookies by following the instructions of Your browser preferences; however, if You choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly and Your online experience may be limited.
What are we using it for?
How we use the information we collect?
The information We collect, which may include Your Personal Information, is used for the following purposes:
- To respond to Your inquiries, support request, feedbacks or questions, and update You with information pertaining to Your request, and respond to claims concerning our Promotions;
- To market Our websites, products and services or those of other Marketing Affiliates (see below under “Direct Marketing”);
- To enhance and personalize Our promotions and marketing offers and customize the advertising content We display;
- To perform market segmentation and run retargeting campaigns based Your profile and Your Personal Information (e.g. geographic data, demographic information, etc.);
- To serve You advertisements, which are based on Your profile or on similar lookalike audiences (e.g. other individuals who visited our Website or used our Service, etc.), when You visit social network websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
- To communicate with You (via email, phone number, etc.);
- To resolve disputes and enforce our policies, including investigation of potential violations thereof, or in accordance with any applicable law or regulation, or for the purpose of law enforcement;
- To perform research, technical diagnostics, analytics or statistical purposes;
- To provide You with the most relevant additional services and offers.
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
With whom we share the information, and for what purpose?
Affiliates and corporate transaction
- We may share all Information, including Personal Information, with our parent company, any subsidiaries, joint ventures, other companies under a common control or other entities existing within the same group of companies in which we exist (“the Group”) (collectively “Affiliated Companies“). We may also share Information, including Personal Information, in the event of a corporate transaction (e.g. sale of a substantial part of our business, merger, consolidation or asset sale).
Service Providers and Business Partners
- We may share Your information, including Personal Information, with Affiliated Companies and Our third party professional service providers, who are allowed to use the information only for the purposes stipulated above, or with Our business partners for performing services for us (e.g. customer service, conducting promotions, marketing and advertising assistance, technical support, analytics, etc.).
- If You provided us with Your email-address (or other contact info), we may share it with our Marketing Affiliates (as defined below, under “Direct Marketing”) to provide you with updates and marketing offers or any other promotional material.
- We may share your information with our business partners and Affiliated Companies to serve advertisements based on Your profile or on similar lookalike audiences, when you use our Service or visit third party’ websites, such as social network websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.). We may also use other third parties to assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and help Us retarget any of our Users. You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices.
- The information will be disclosed only to the extent required to perform the purposes as stipulated herein.
- You hereby warrant and consent that Your Personal Information may be transmitted, used or stored with our authorized third parties, for the purposes disclosed herein, which are located across the world.
- We may share Your information, including Personal Information, in the event that We are required by law enforcement or other governmental agency; in response to a subpoena, warrant or an investigative demand, or a court order, or with respect to any legal process; in order to enforce intellectual property rights or to exercise other legal rights; to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; if We believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, to enforce our policies or as otherwise required in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations. In such circumstances, We may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to Us.
- Non-Personal Information, aggregated information or Personal Information in non-human readable form (de-identified) may be shared with third parties (including ad networks, advertising companies and service providers) in any of the above circumstances, as well as for the purpose of developing or delivering tailored or targeted advertising (whether via our Site, or websites or applications of third parties), or for the purpose of improving our Site, conducting business analysis or other business purposes. This information may be combined with information We collect from other sources, to the extent that the information remains Non-Personal Information.
Third party collection of information
- Our policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information We collect from you. To the extent that You disclose Your information to other parties via our Service (whether our website or application; e.g. by clicking on a link to any other website or location) or via other sites throughout the internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information You disclose to them. We prompt You to review the privacy policies of those sites before providing Your Personal Information to them.
Data Protection Officer
- If You feel that Your privacy was treated not in accordance with our policy, or if any person attempted to misuse our Service or acted in an inappropriate or unlawful manner, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and our DPO shall investigate promptly.
For how long we retain the information we collect?
- We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion. To remove Your email address, please contact Our DPO us at email@example.com
- We may share and disclose Personal Information, such as your name and email address with our Affiliated Companies and marketing partners (Collectively, “Marketing Affiliates”) or use it ourselves for the purpose of providing you interesting updates in connection with promotional activities or bonus programs as well as sending you marketing offers or promotions in various areas of interest. Our Marketing Affiliates may use Your Personal Information for different marketing techniques, such as direct email, SMS and other marketing purposes.
- As We are committed to Your right to privacy, We provide You with simple tools to decline receiving email offers from Us or from our Marketing Affiliates – You may, at any time, choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email communication that We or our Marketing Affiliates will send You (it may take us up to 14 days for us to process such request).
- Please note that even if You have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from Us, We may send You other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements, administrative notices and surveys.
- Also, please note that changing Your information in Your registration account, or opting out of receiving promotional email communications from Us will affect only future communications from Us. If We already provided Your information to a third party (such as a Marketing Affiliate) before You changed Your preferences or updated Your information, You may have to change your preferences directly with that third party as well.
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that by accessing our Service, We may share your Personal Information with our Marketing Affiliates for the purpose of direct marketing. Unless You instruct Us otherwise and explicitly decline receiving marketing offers from Us and from our Marketing Affiliates, We and our Marketing Affiliates shall continue sending You marketing offers and Promotions.
- Our Site is not intended for any person under the age of 18, and in particular children under the age of 13, and We will not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 18, We will remove his or her information from our files. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that We can verify that children are not using the Service.
How do we safeguard your information?
- We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Service and Your information. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to prevent unauthorized use of our users’ information and ensure the safety of such information. Although We take reasonable steps to safeguard information, We cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse our Site, and We make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that We will prevent such access.
- Since We operate globally, it may be necessary to transfer Your Personal Information to countries outside the European Union. The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in the European Union − in these instances We will take steps to ensure that a similar level of protection is given to Your Personal Information. You hereby consent to transfer of Your Personal Information to countries outside the European Union.
How to contact us